It’s that time of year! The time where us Floridians decorate our Palm Trees and make “sand” men on the beach. When it comes to decorating your home for the upcoming season, here our top 4 decorating tips:
1. Make a Plan
It’s best to outline the size of your home and width of your hedges, trees, bushes before you buy your decorations. That way, you will have a better idea of how many packages of lights you need. It’s also great to plan out a yard scene with inflatables or
2. Pay Attention to Pathways!
If you have a nice sidewalk leading up to your front door or around your home, nothing makes a home “pop” like a decorated pathway. You can go for an elegant one-color look or try and find some candy canes for a more festive look. Or, like the photo to the right, you can do a little bit of both!
3. Don’t forget the Palm Trees!
What’s a Florida season without some decorated Palm Trees? Not only do they look great all done up for the holiday season, but they really add some character to your yard.
4. Adding that “professional” flare
Knowing how to use the various types of lighting in the correct way is what makes all the difference in a beautiful, well lit home. Here is an overview of some of the techniques a professional may use when designing a plan for your landscape:
- Uplighting – reverses daylight, showing off what you wouldn’t normally see during the day
- Wall Washing – provides a soft, wide glow on vertical surfaces like home exteriors/the front of your home
- Graze Lighting – creates impact and attention using a narrow beam of light against a flat surface
- Moonlighting – area lighting such as path lighting and gathering areas created by a downward positioned floodlight
- Motion Detection Lighting – great for added security