1. Home affordability is at an all-time high.
The median mortgage payment on the median priced home as a percentage of the median household income is lower than it’s been in a generation.
2. Mortgage rates have reached rock bottom.
As interest rates start to inch back upwards, monthly payments and total loan costs will spike upwards.
3. Buy Now; Buy Low!
After declining nearly three years, home prices are stabilizing.
4. Sellers are motivated.
This means that buyers have the upper hand! From banks looking to dispose of foreclosed properties to homeowners who are fiercely competing among an excess of housing inventory, buyers have untold choices and negotiating power.
5. Financing is readily available for qualified buyers!
Banks are getting back in the game and ready to lend to well-qualified buyers.
6. Owning vs. renting is increasingly favorable.
Since 2009, the average principal and interest payment has fallen below the average rental rates, and the gap is now wider than it’s been in the past 22 years.
7. Homeownership is at the core of the American Dream!
Owning a home is critical to financial stability and wealth building. It’s a forced savings account, a place to live and a fabulous tax deduction.